Saturday, June 30, 2012

Teanaway River, WA

Needed to get out of Federal Way or the Puget Sound for that matter and find some sunshine this weekend. My buddy Dalton and I headed over to the east side of the state and camped on the Teanaway River. I have fished this river a few times and caught a few fish. The flow on the river was doing pretty good and I always seem to have a good time fishing the mouth. We headed out and to our delight we didn't find any rain and met up with some friends.

We packed up our camp Saturday morning and worked our way down the river to the mouth we fished in two different places that looked real good, one I had fished before with success, but we had none. I did see a fish rise but we couldn't get them on any thing we were throwing. We had fished the mouth the night before with no luck and felt better about this day. Fishing more in the Yakima River Dalton was able to land one smaller fish at about 8".

Summary:
Location: Teanaway River, outside of Cle Elum, WA
Time: 10am - 1pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line, 5 wt w/ sinking tip
Tackle: 8 black stone nymph, 18 rainbow warrior,14 elk hair caddis, 12 parachute adams, 8 golden rogue stone, 18 zebra midge, 16 copper john
Fish:1
Species: Cuttthroat Trout
Biggest Fish: 6"
Smallest Fish: 6"
Rating: 7/10




Dalton fishing up river from me

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.