Saturday, October 20, 2012

Westport Marina, WA (Coho & Crabbing)

Being that I had some luck catching Coho a few weeks previous and my buddy wanted to come out and see me, I thought we could go give the marina another shot. Worst case we would catch some crabs and best case we would catch both crabs and salmon. As we drove out there it rained like a mother and continued while we geared up at the truck. The second we locked up the skies open and the weather turned nice. The day was slow and we didn't see a school for a really long time. Then finally we saw a school swim by with no luck. We chased it most of the way down the marina. Another came by and the same thing. The third school swam by and I my pixie had all but cleared the fish and as I went to pull it up and try to cast again one broke away. Unfortunately I had already committed the spoon out of the water and the fish had no chance to take it. We did catch some crabs though. Also, we stopped in at the Half Moon for lunch and by gosh that place is nice for the area. The waitress was cute too.

Summary:
Location: Westport Marina, WA
Time: High Tide
Rod: Mid-Light Salmon Rod
Tackle: Green, orange, or pink pixies or flying-j
Fish:0
Species: Coho
Biggest Fish: N/A
Smallest Fish: N/A
Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.