Saturday, December 8, 2012

Satsop River, WA

Back in September I drove up this river with a Dalton, scouting along the way and stopping at Schafer State Park. They were actually closing up the campground for the winter when I ran into a local who was a real nice guy cleaning the fire pits out. He took me to where in the middle of the park was a nice hole and explained some of the other places to fish on the river like the "S Hole" just below Decker creek. My co-worker and I figured today we would go give it a shot. Parking at the state park we tried fish the hole there and various other ones. The river was getting higher by this time and the clarity wasn't ideal but much better than the Wynoochee we had scouted earlier today. We did spot a few fish above the bridge which is closed this time of year but none below. Will have to try again later.

Summary:
Location: Satsop River, near Elma, WA off Highway 12
Time: 3:00-5:00pm
Rod: 8 wt w/ sinking line
Tackle: Purple egg sucking leech
Fish: 0
Species: N/A
Biggest Fish: N/A
Smallest Fish: N/A
Rating: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.