Saturday, August 10, 2013

Grande Ron River, OR/WA

So my brothers and there friends do this annual float trip over the Forth of July weekend typically. This year however my other brother decided he should get married that weekend so we pushed the float to August. Big mistake! I think we walked our raft over rocks more than floated! This is traditionally a guys weekend so the goal of the trip is to float, relax, and drink a lot of beer. I got clever and brought my rod along to see what I couldn't shake up and I was impressed. Fishing here or there I caught a few trout and I think even a bass or two. The float started in Troy and ended at Heller's Bar.

Summary:
Location: Grand Ron River from Troy to Heller's Bar
Time: Off an on all day over the weekend
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line
Tackle: Different variations of hoppers but had the most luck with a black crystal wolly bugger
Fish: 6
Species: Rainbow
Biggest Fish: 14"
Smallest Fish: 12"
Rating: 8/10

Image may contain: 1 person, beard, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor, nature and water

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.