Monday, September 5, 2011

Davis Lake, WA

After searching for an hour or so for Cougar Lake, I gave up and found my way to Davis Lake. This lake was a pretty lake and there wasn't that many people there. In total: 4 on the bank, 5 on the water (two boats), and I. This lake opens to bait fishing and retentions rule in the beginning of September. Prior to that the lake is selective gear rules only with no retention. This could be a really fun lake of catch and release before September I am guessing. With the same set up as I had at Big Twin Lake (black woolly bugger with a yellow sand shrimp). I trolled out on the lake in my float tube. With the setting sun and how day I assume the fish where deep. I had a handful of bites and after about 2 hours on the lake was able to land one fish. I called it a day and cooked a steak on the beach. If you want to cheat and catch lots of fish here, use some Berkley power bait and sink it a foot off the bottom.

Summary:
Location: Davis Lake, East of Winthrop, WA
Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ sinking tip
Tackle: 8 black woolly bugger with a  14 sand shrimp yellow dropper; would use a 14 marabou yellow, wine/brown/green woolly bugger, and emergers. (Fished from float tube)
Fish: 1
Species: Rainbow
Biggest Fish: 14"
Smallest Fish: 14"
Rating: 7/10

 Davis Lake
 Davis Lake
 Davis Lake, with a nice house
 Davis Lake, from the float tube
 Davis Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.