Sunday, June 2, 2013

Canyon Creek, WA

It's opening weekend for rivers in Washington so I called Jon up to see if he wanted to go try Canyon Creek out. He was excited to go and even brought a coworker along. As I said it was opening weekend and it turned out to be the second most crowded I have ever seen the river. I guess I'm to use to going after school when not many people are up there but the weather was nice too. It was jammed by any means but the three major holes next to the campground where taken by other fisherman. Not a big deal just wasn't expecting to bring any rout home for my mom anymore. Having good luck last year I took them up above the campground were we caught a couple fish, one that was almost 10" but nothing really to brag about. We decided to go to the washout where there was more river access and no people. Here we caught a bunch of fish, none with any real size but it was good practice for everyone on casting in the wind, across currents, under trees, and around rocks. Lots of fun and good company to enjoy the day.

Also see this blog for more...

Summary:
Location: Canyon Creek, located 30 miles east of I-5 from Woodland near Chelatchie, WA
Time: 12pm to 5:30pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line
Tackle: brown elk hair caddis and stimulator stonefly
Fish: 20+
Species: Rainbow
Biggest Fish: 10"
Smallest Fish: 4"
Rating: 7.5/10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.