Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lake Sammamish, WA (Perch)

Sitting at home at 4am I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to go surf fishing, jetty fishing, shell fishing, or for steelhead. I decided I would get in my car and drive to Dalton's because he had mentioned going perch fishing on Lake Sammamish. I have never targeted perch before but Dalton has been out on this lake and caught some 20 perch in an afternoon and Paul was down for a perch fry. We went to our usual spot and caught a guppie size perch and a couple squaw. Moved a little, when Paul cast and before I think the bobber even settled hooked a nice rainbow. Moved again to the canal and caught some more squaw fish. Moved back about where we started and caught another small perch and a blue gill. Just wasn't our day for perch I guess. Also, Dalton always fished in the evening so maybe the mid-day sun had something to do with it.

Summary:
Location: Lake Sammamish
Time: 10am to 2pm
Rod: light weight spinners
Tackle: bobber and worm
Fish:10
Species: Rainbow, Squaw, Perch, & Blue Gill
Biggest Fish: 14"
Smallest Fish: 4"
Rating: 7/10


He had a fish on that got wrapped around the pile, had to get it off

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.