Sunday, August 26, 2012

Metolius River (Upper), OR

Back-to-back weekends on this river! My life sucks! The original plan was to spend the whole week in Central Oregon but work had other plans. My family was staying at Eagle Crest Resort in Redmond, OR so I couldn't resist stopping by to fish a couple hours on the way home. Hit the holes I know and see what I could do. I caught a rainbow this time so that makes a trip!

Read this for more info.

Summary:
Location: Metolius River, Camp Sherman, OR, located about 100 miles (2 hrs) east of Salem, and 20 min from Sisters, OR
Time: 9am - 7pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line, 5 wt w/ sinking tip
Tackle: 8 black stone nymph, 18 rainbow warrior, 18 zebra midge, 18 copper john hybrid, 10 Clark Stone, 10 Rogue Stone
Fish:2
Species: White Fish & Rainbow
Biggest Fish: 12"
Smallest Fish: 11"
Rating: 9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.