Saturday, September 22, 2012

Metolius River (Upper), OR

So I am sitting at work on a Friday afternoon at 3pm and my buddy Jon text me, "Metolius? . . .  Locke style?" My response was quick and simple, "Leaving in two hours, see you there." By 11pm I was there at camp and we cracked open some beers. "Locke style" means that you leave way too late, with little planning, to go somewhere for less time then it took you to go there, and no one understand why except you.
My buddy brought a friend, planned to fish Saturday morning and then head over to Redmond to pick up a canopy for his truck. That didn't matter to me because I was at the best place on earth, could fish all Saturday, stay and extra night, and drive home Sunday. Which is exactly what I did.
I didn't catch any trout on this trip but weather was nice and it's always a pleasure to come to this river.

Read this for more info.

Summary:
Location: Metolius River, Camp Sherman, OR, located about 100 miles (2 hrs) east of Salem, and 20 min from Sisters, OR
Time: 9am - 7pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line, 5 wt w/ sinking tip
Tackle: 8 black stone nymph, 18 rainbow warrior, 18 zebra midge, 18 copper john hybrid, 10 Clark Stone, 10 Rogue Stone, 8 black and brown Pat's Stone, 16 lighting bug, 18 rainbow warrior
Fish: 3
Species: White Fish
Biggest Fish: 14"
Smallest Fish: 11"
Rating: 8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.