Sunday, April 14, 2013

Grayland, WA (Surf Fishing)

As I said the day before, buddies were out for some clamming but also some surf fishing. We got up and drove out to Grayland to dig some clams. Showing up a little late our day was looking grim. Out of no where we started plucking clams. This was a good thing because now we had some fresh fish bait. Never having surfed fish before my buddy showed me how to rig up a rod. Using a pyramid weight, with a slip line set up, and a piece of clam, you just kind of huck it out there and weight for a bite. I didn't have any luck but both my buddies caught a fish each.

Summary:
Location: Pacific Ocean, Grayland, WA
Time: 11am-1pm
Rod: salmon/surf rod
Tackle: 2-3oz weight with clam as bait
Fish: 2
Species: Surf Perch
Biggest Fish: 11"
Smallest Fish: 10"
Rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.