Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lake Sylvia

I forgot to mention that next to my house is also a few lakes that I can go trout fishing in. Fayor, Aberdeen, and the one I fished today Sylvia. Another co-worker of mine just bought an aluminum pontoon boat from a co-worker and being as I have a truck he asked me to take him out. How could I resist. This lake is stocked heavily in the spring and getsplanted for high school spring break. I had come a few time earlier this week in  my float tube and once with a friend in my raft and caught a few fish. They sock oversize fish as well and I had seen them by the dam. My buddy and I trolled wooly buggers around the lake catching a fish here and a fish there. After an hour or so his rod taco'd hard and I thought we had a big boy on. Turned out to be a nice hold over maybe. The ticket I have found are a mixed brown and black wooly bugger but straight browns and blacks will work as well.


Summary:
Location: Lake Sylvia, Montesano, WA
Time: 11am-5pm
Rod: 5 wt sinking tip
Tackle: Black/Brown, Brown, & Black Wooly Bugger, & Casey Special
Fish:5
Species: Rainbow Trout
Biggest Fish: 17"
Smallest Fish: 10"
Rating: 8/10


 Photo: Rain or shine, we fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.