Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Pond, Lyon's Ferry Marina, WA

There was this little pound next to the campground that supposedly had some trout in it. I was told with my float tube I could have some good access. So between bait fishing and cat fishing I blew up my tube and headed out. Cutting through a huge culvert you pop out at this pond. Knowing there was a bunch of weeds I paddled to the middle and tried to troll a woolly bugger and casey special. Didn't work, the lake was still too choked with underwater growth. Calling it a lost outing a paddle back in. As I reached the bank I got a bite and a fish. It was a baby blue gill.

Host said to wing a bobber with a worm as far in the middle as you could for best luck.

Summary:
Location: Pond, near Lyon's Ferry Marina, WA
Time: 3-4pm
Rod: 5wt floating line
Tackle: woolly bugger and casey special
Fish: 1
Species: Bluegill
Biggest Fish: 5"
Smallest Fish: N/A
Rating: 4.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.