Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cleawox Lake, OR

On Friday my younger brother got married and I volunteered to be the DD that would chaperon grandma to and from the wedding. On the way home I stopped to see my buddy in Portland. So it was about 12:30am and my other buddy text me while I was at a bar in Portland, "You should come down to Huntington Beach." I was dead sober after having not even ordering a beer yet. My response, "On my way". Six hours later I had pulled up to their campground and was ready to have some fun with some buddies.
That day we went and rented a canoe. Drew, John and I piled in and we headed out on the water fishing the local lake. Keeping it simple we used the basic Carolina rig with a worm. The weather was great and the fishing was slow but we were able to catch a few. They keep this lake stocked fairly well. You just have to do some searching to find where the fish are at. We had the best luck in the finger towards the North East Corner.

Summary:
Location: Huntington Beach State Park near Florance, OR
Time: 12-2pm
Rod: Spinning Rods
Tackle: Carolina rig with worm
Fish: 3
Species: Rainbow trout
Biggest Fish: 14"
Smallest Fish: 12"
Rating: 7/10


This isn't fishing I know, but what my dog looks like after a day of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.