Monday, July 29, 2013

Upper Deschutes, OR

The second leg of my trip was to the Upper Deschutes River. When I say upped I mean at the head waters. Locally know as the Blue Lagoon and Blue holes there are plenty of fish here ranging from a few inches to over 20". Here you can keep brook trout in hopes to protect the native rainbow, bull, and brown trout populations. I have fished here many times as a kid because you can put on any small dry fly and catch 50 fish in the 6-8" range. When you are 12 years old this is a kick in the pants. One of these trips I had conquered a 5lb brown that looked like it ate a coffee can in the lagoon when it at my stone fly I arrogantly threw. Anyways, spent some time up here trauting around looking for fish and had a lot of fun.

Location: 1/2 mile south of Lave Lake Campground Access and up river from Mile Campground day use area
Time: All day
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating
Tackle:  14 tan/brown elk hair caddis, 16 parachute adams, & 12 stone-stimulator
Fish: 20+
Species: Rainbows & Brook Trout
Biggest Fish: 10" Brook
Smallest Fish: 3" Rainbow
Rating: 7/10


Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.