Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pacific Ocean, Westport, WA (Charter Fishing)

If I haven't mentioned it, I work in Aberdeen, WA. Our company decided for a team building event that they would take everyone out with Westport Charters. If you want to catch fish this isn't a bad way to go. Just mind yourself if you get sea sick. The boats are big but the ocean can get to you. Note that I have never been sea sick in my life, I was out late the night before, and I got a little motion sickness. One time this seamed to help tremendously though because immediatly after I relieved my stomach over the rail I and several others began hooking up after a long cold streak. During this time of the year you are allowed two salmon of which one may be a chinook. You keep fishing even if you have your limit as to fill the boats limit. This works out great because if you are only catching coho and a friend gets two kings you can have a king to take home. This that said our boat limited short of the deck hands and eveyone took home two fish. The fishing was easy. You had a bait caster with a 5 oz weight and a herring. Let your line out about 40 feet and then real back up.

Summary:
Location: Pacific Ocean out of Westport, WA
Time: All Day
Rod: Bait Casters
Tackle: Herring
Fish: 3 (34 kept on the boat)
Species: Coho and Chinook
Biggest Fish: 26#
Smallest Fish: 11#
Rating: 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.