Saturday, August 2, 2014

Crooked River, OR

Took a while to get on the road. Had to get my dog up to date on vaccinations, still haven't completed shopping, decided to get my hair cut, and so on. I did make it and looked at each camp ground again to find a great spot at Chimney Rock. Low and behold after I got paid and all rigged up with a foam olive caddis and orange scud dropper a lightning/thunder storm rolled in. Didn't have camp set up so went and sat in the car. Afraid I wasn't going to get back out tonight and having only 10 cast in, the thoughts began to cross my mind. Should I have started somewhere else, why did I pay, should I just go to bed...? The rain stopped and I charged back up the river. Good for me I lost that scud on a back cast battling the wind, I changed to a gray parachute Adams on a scud hook with some red tinsel out the butt. A few cast later I landed the first fish and shortly after the second. Deciding it was getting too late to legally fish I called it a night. I'll take my red-band and rainbow and am looking forward to tomorrow.  This week is going to be a riot!

Summary:
Location: Crooked River, OR
Time: 1pm - 9pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line, 5 wt w/ sinking tip
Tackle: 12 foam olive caddis, 14 scuds, and 12 parachute adams.
Fish: 2
Species: Rainbow & Redband
Biggest Fish: 12" rainbow
Smallest Fish: 11" redband
Rating: 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.