Saturday, August 9, 2014

Metolius River, OR

After staying with my mom for a few days at eagle crest and getting some golf in, I headed to the last stop on my Central Oregon tour. My favorite place in the world to fish the Metolius River. Boy was I glad I made the stop. The fishing was crazy good and I landed almost everything you could think of though I did loose quite a few fish. Most my takes were indicator or euro nymphing but there was some action on late stones. The rainbow pictured below took a pats stone and the brown trout below took a blue psycho prince.

Summary:
Location: Blue hole to Gorge Campground.
Time: 9am - 8pm
Rod: 5 wt w/ floating line, 5 wt w/ sinking tip
Tackle: 8 black stone nymph, 12 rainbow warrior, 14 zebra midge, 12 copper john hybrid, 10 Rogue Stone, 8 black and brown Pat's Stone, 14 blue psycho prince, 14 hot wire
Fish: 4/13 on trout + white fish
Species: White Fish, Rainbow, Browns
Biggest Fish: 16" brown
Smallest Fish: 12" rainbow
Rating: 9.5/10 (lost more fish than I ever have before. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment "Anonymous" leave a name so I can respond back to you, Cheers.